Saturday 23 June 2012

"my green thumb" a THOUSAND BUCKS worth of TALENT!

Green Thumb: A Thousand Bucks Worth of Talent

                                                        

“As you walk down the fairway of life, you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round.”
-Ben Hogan



Alluring, intoxicating, and endearing – these are the words that would perfectly describe her. 

Two summers ago, I embedded a few yellow roses whose perfume wafted throughout our veranda. Adorning the stem of each rose were atrocious thorns - thorns which ostensibly shield their lovely princesses and threaten unwelcome intruders with pinpricks of blood. On that twelvemonth, an insensate and blustery winter storm troubled us. Roses have their certain capacity when it comes to braving ruthless elements, you see (The sturdier a blossom is, the more she could endure inimical weather mood swings). Unfortunately, my princesses’ resilience was not as eminent as those that outlive winter. Hence, it could boldly be inferred that my roses would not survive the flailing of the winter season. One December morn a single bud kicking the bucket appeared to me. She looked at me as if she was calling for help. I watched her as she slowly shriveled to death - her leaves falling one by one on the cold and callous soil.  She died. And I was impelled to let her remain in her pacific abode.

A few months after, the sun once again smiled at us. It was summer time. And I missed that little rose so much to the point that I desperately wanted to revitalize her. Thus, I decided to nurture the exanimate soil & assisted it with fertilizers. To my surprise, my darling princesses grew stronger as the days grew longer. Soon, six, humble and promising shoots rose from the ground! So proud of my “green hands” I called my hubby right away!  After seeing them, he irksomely gave me a laugh and tried to persuade to remove the plant from the ground arguing that it is dead! He said with certainty that the buds were nothing but leaves! Feeling angry & desperate but with full of confidence & assurance, I made a handsome bet of 10,000 kroners! ( around $2000).  Otherwise, I shall shell out that amount of moolah – which nobody in their sane mind would want to happen. And so, every morning, we visited our veranda to check on the buds. We would constantly stay there to unwind and he would huff and puff and brag that the time of my defeat is nigh.

A few weeks after, the buds magically bloomed! Well, anyone can guess what happened next…10,000 kroners landed in my “green hands”! What a wonderful feeling! I lifted my “green hands” & proudly kissed them with a winning smile! Funny, but my hubby refuse to go out in the veranda again!

Let me share to you the photos of my princesses:





No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Introduction

Recent Posts

Categories

Followers